There's somebody out there who wants what I got goin' on.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

29

Today is my 29th birthday. I am not going out.

Most of my birthday experiences have been unremarkable. (Don't worry, I'm not feeling sorry for myself or asking for pity.) Some of them have been downright pathetic. So this year I am spending the evening at my apartment. I made a beautiful dinner with colorful veggies and stuffed chicken breast. It was very yummy and I get to eat the leftovers tomorrow. This plan almost certainly guarantees that I will not be arrested or killed by a drunk driver, so over all I am content.

I hope all of you out there are safe and well this New Year's Eve.

Please indulge me as I play the glad game again for my b-day:
I am glad that . . .
I have a job that is beginning to become a career
I have reconnected with old friends this year
My parents told me I could do whatever I wanted and I believed them
The sun came out today
I am not ashamed to have a good cry

1 comment:

Some old bee-yatch said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

Sorry I missed it :(

Hope you are doing better and let's plan something this year. We need to all get together soon!!

Happiness :)