There's somebody out there who wants what I got goin' on.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

WTF, Haters?!

Hate. I've never had much use for it. It is not in my nature. That's not to say I haven't strongly disliked people, but, hate, I have not. That being said, I don't understand hate crimes.

Today, I had a disappointing day at work and was feeling sorry for myself as I pulled out of the parking lot. As I wallowed in my pity party, a huge white truck, directly in front of me at the red light, began to pull into the center lane around a little red truck. Surprise cleared the fog from my self-absorbed mind when the white truck pulled around and next to the red truck, so close that they were almost touching, and the white truck occupant threw his cigarette through the red truck's open window. The white truck pulled up behind the other cars in his new lane while I hesitated to pull up behind the red truck. I thought for sure I was going to witness a murder to follow up on the cig. throwing incident. I had a few seconds to think about what I had just seen as we all waited at the light.

What had this man in the red truck done? Nothing that I had seen. The only explanation that I was able to come up with was that he was Hispanic. This was quite obvious due to the spanish language bumper stickers on his tailgate. There wasn't anything offensive about the stickers that I could tell. Just radio stations and the like.

Some part of me wanted the man in the red truck to attack! How dare anyone disrespect a fellow human being that way!! But he just reached over, picked up the cigarette and brought it to his mouth for a smoke. WOW! He just drove down the road smoking that cigarette and waved at white-truck-man as he passed him. WOW!! I would have tried like hell to rip white-truck-man's soul out and cook it up with my veggies for dinner.

White-truck-man, you suck.
Red-truck-man, I salute you.

1 comment:

Marcy said...

Dood! Kudos to the red truck for taking it in stride!
The guy in the white truck is an ass...he'll get his soon enough.