There's somebody out there who wants what I got goin' on.

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Olympics, Cosmo Radio, and Confessions of a Former Friend

There are a few things going on with me so if you lack courage, go no further!

The Olympics. How wonderful! I'm lovin' it. However, I don't remember the games being broadcast so late at night. They go on 'til midnight!! At least! I get up really early in the morning and the Olympic Games have totally thrown off my sleeping schedule. It is fortunate that they only last two weeks. I wouldn't be able to go any longer on almost no sleep. On a positive note, I have been inspired to workout. And this is kind of random. Michael Phelps is pretty awesome, but I think it is kind of sad too. Everyone else can only hope for silver. I just want to say, "Let the other kids have a turn."

My friend from work, Lauren, told me about a satellite radio show that she likes to listen to in the mornings called Cosmo Radio. Yes, Cosmo as in Cosmopolitan Magazine. It is so funny. They are pretty silly and they talk about shopping and Sex in the City, but I love it. If I had money I would subscribe to Serius just for that channel. Serius 111. I get to listen to it this week because the rent truck I'm driving has satellite radio. Whoohoo! No really, I love it.

Ok y'all, I don't really know what the point of this section of today's blog it but I feel like I should set some things straight. Even if the message only spirals around in the universe, at least I put it out there. I'll begin with a confession. I have two former friends who I parted with badly. I sometimes (more often than is healthy) google their names. Shut up, you know you do it too. This has mostly to do with the first former friend. I won't name names because this person has a reputation to protect. I have found her blog and I read it periodically. There were a lot of things leading up to the demise of our friendship, so lets just say we are both to blame. This could get complicated. People who have known me almost my entire life believe that I am a horribly mean person because of her. This is part of the reason I harbor such a strong dislike. I took all the blame for the break up of our friendship. She is perfect by the way. Too perfect. I would like everyone, the sun, the moon, and the stars to know that her life is perfect. Far more perfect than mine. I didn't ruin her life. I didn't ruin her life. I don't think either of us is better for having known each other. I want to let it go. Therefore, I will work on letting those bad feelings go out of my life.

Sorry, I think all this is coming out because my 10 year high school reunion is this year.

Merry Aquifimas!

2 comments:

Some old bee-yatch said...

Sorry to hear you are dealing with this. Maybe Aquimas will have the ability to wash it all away. I mean, Aquimas for the best of us! (or rest of us...whichever way you want to see it).

Take care!

Marcy said...

You could always make some sort of effigy of your former friend then flush it or let it go in a river or stream (Aquimas themed!). Or go up to a mountian and toss it off the top. It could be theraputic.